Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Product Review: Mentholatum Sunplay Skin Aqua Silky BB Cream

I saw this BB cream on a Japanese magazine and I have been wanting to try it. The price Sasa.com is $17.60 but i got it on Ebay for $12.99. It comes in two versions: silky and moisture.
 I bought the silky version cuz it was the only one available.

 It says this BB cream has 6 functions: control oil, conceal, whitening, moisturize, anti-aging, and foundation.
the size is small compare to what i have been using (Missah Watery BB cream).
 I have very tan skin so it looks too white with my skin and that i don't like it. but i haven't tried it on my face so i can't judge right now cuz my face's a bit whiter.



Updates on 7/1/2012:
I have been using this for weeks now. It gives a very smooth texture to your face and its conceal function works well in concealing my genetic brown spots (although it cannot completely makes my brown spots invisible but it's the best for all the BB cream i've tried so far).

In terms of its six functions:
Control oil (7/10): i guess it does control oil because my face seems less oily during mid-day (i usually need to use 2 blotting papers during mid-day but after using this BB cream i only need to use less than 1.

Whitening (10/10): it does brighten my skin since i have very dull and tan skin. It's also one of the cons because it's literally too white for my skin. My neck and face would have two different skin tones if i only use this BB cream for my face. 


Moisturize (8/10): It stays sticky through out the day if you don't apply loose powder after this BB cream. the other BB cream ive had used tends to show dryness around my mouth, forehead, and nose. although this BB cream does show that too but it's less visible. it's only possible to see if someone comes up close. 


Anti-aging(?/10): not sure if this works because i'm still very young.


Foundation (9/10): Conceal and foundation, it does the job. It conceals around more than 75% of my brown spots and acne marks. 


CONS: 1) too white for my skin tone (i have a skin tone of a Filipino). 2) I dont' like applying loose powder but if i don't, my face will get sticky all day after using this BB cream. 


Will i buy this again: hmmmmmmmmm.....yea....it has lots of function for just $12.99, why not? 


Updates on 7/8/2012:
AWWWWWW T_T so ive been doing it the wrong way! no wonder why my face appears so dry after applying this BB cream.
this is what i usually do: toner, lotion, sun screen, and BB cream
it's summer right now so i usually apply another sun screen even though this BB cream already has a SPF 27 PA++. However, i recently found out that if i apply another layer of sun screen before BB cream, my face will appear dryer and look like i have a lot of powder on.
Today, i tested it out without sun screen. My face looked moisturized and healthy. XD I absolutely had no dryness area on my face. i also looked like i have perfect skin!
so this is what i will be doing from now on: toner, lotion, and BB cream XD

btw the sun screen i'm using is

SCINIC

Perfect Sun Cream SPF50+/PA+++


No comments:

Post a Comment